The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
habsrule999Offline
Post subject: different artist on each side of an album  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2014 - 04:04 PM
Level 1
Level 1

hi
i have this old Roberta Flack album, Killing them softly, When you play side 1 it is indeed Roberta flack on the whole side 1, but side 2 appears to be J Giels band for the whole side 2.?? not sure how this would have got pressed in the factory but i am curious how much something like this is worth if anything?? Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: RE: different artist on each side of an album  PostPosted: Sep 24, 2014 - 07:42 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

General rule of thumb.....unless it is a collectible artist like the Beatles, a mispressed album isn't worth much. If anything (to me), it makes the record less valuable, since half of the lp isn't what you wanted.

Ms. Flack and the Geils band put out some tremendous music back in the day, but if you're looking for $$$$, this album probably won't be your answer.

habsrule999Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2014 - 08:43 AM
Level 1
Level 1

hi
thanx for the reply.. Basically i have transferred all my vinyl to digital and need to get rid of the records. the only one that i thought "might" be worth something is this one. I was kinda just not wanting to see this album on the news selling for 100K and being the moron who gave it away.

thanx again for your reaponse

GraemeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2014 - 11:16 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Quote:

Basically i have transferred all my vinyl to digital and need to get rid of the records.

On a technical and somewhat pedantic level, this is actually illegal.

Jump to: