The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: I'm a mouthbreather...  PostPosted: Oct 08, 2014 - 01:29 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi everyone- I thought I owed sharing this with you. If I read it... I would first say BS.
Then I would say this is a troll post, or a really late april fool's joke. After that I would say this is the world's biggest internet pity party; or this guy has mental illness. I will spare you with a lot of unnecessary drivel- and cut to the chase. About a year back I had this nasal turbinate reduction. I knew then it had an effect on me more than just "breathing better". As an example, I noticed individual leaves falling while I was driving; but without taking my eyes off the road. If I'm sitting reading this I'm thinking "so what". The so what is- I never noticed it without consciously focusing on it.
So I had been moving, humping, sorting through that pileup I bought at the storage auction. Some pretty physically demanding days involved. So as I took kind of a break for a few weeks after handling it- it seemed like I was thinking more clearly. I go to a rheumatologist who is a good doc and a nice enough guy. And as I was meeting with him, I realized he and I seem to be pretty equally smart. And it then dawned on me- he can think with more depth.
I'm giving one example- but I noticed instead of looking at the surface of a situation, or problem, I was thinking at a more meaningful level.
YEAH!!! Timmy !!! Razz
If I was still reading this, and it ended here,
I would probably say, 'Good for you ,jerk!"

But it doesn't. Rolling Eyes So for about the last week or so my new found slight increase in awareness and thinking turned inward. In my mind I reviewed the pages of my life.
I have had no sustained deep thinking up until this point of my life.
For 50 years I have been living with the mindset of a 14 year old. And that would probably not be the worst thing in the world Cool
Except I probably came across as an oaf: dumb, slow, and probably self absorbed because I couldn't go much deeper than "how ya doing" or "you are pretty".

I take full responsibility for the actions of my life. But my life probably should have evolved differently. I discussed this all with my family yesterday. My brother says- you still have a life other people would love to trade for. And that's true.
The vacuum of not leading a meaningful life so far is crushing. Especially that I can now see it as though the entirety of my life appears as clear as yesterday.
Thank you for letting me share with you-Mark
****I would appreciate if a moderator would lock this thread. I would also appreciate no pm's on this topic- thank you! Rolling Eyes Confused Sad

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: