The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wand143Offline
Post subject: Five Satins - In The Still Of The Nite  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 05:35 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

This question actually fits two topics, but I wanted to try it here: for years the only copies I had of "In The Still Of The Nite" by the Five Satins were the "common" E-21025-45 master number copies, but recently I scored a copy with the Standord master number (200 6106A-45) BUT the title is listed as "I Remember (In The Still Of The Nite)". Is this a "true" first pressing then? I've seen references to the 6106A number but titled "In The Still Of The Nite". Or, do I have a later pressing? Both my guides are pretty vague on this matter.

Reply with quote Back to top
annaloogOffline
Post subject: RE: Five Satins - In The Still Of The Nite  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 06:48 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

The Standord (local) release pre-dates the Ember (national) release by a couple of months, acc. to http://www.45cat.com/artist/the-five-satins

JGH1Offline
Post subject: RE: Five Satins - In The Still Of The Nite  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 10:48 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Analoog is correct. I Remember.... was the original title of the tune.

wand143Offline
Post subject: RE: Five Satins - In The Still Of The Nite  PostPosted: Nov 05, 2014 - 05:36 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hmm...a friend of mine looked up the same information and his claim was that the red-label "I Remember..." pressing was slightly later even though they used the 6106A master number. Mine, by the way, IS NOT a "paste-over" of an Ember label over a Standord - I'm pretty sure of that. His info states that mine was a 1958 or so pressing.

Jump to: