The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pinkcadillac42Offline
Post subject: Springsteen 10" acetate of Fade Away  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2014 - 10:44 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to determine the value of a Springsteen 10" acetate of Fade Away that I purchased in '97. Any help is greatly appreciated! I have attached a photo of the label.

2014-10-16 23.41.57.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.08 KB
 Viewed:  237 Time(s)

2014-10-16 23.41.57.jpg

2014-10-16 23.41.57.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.08 KB
 Viewed:  240 Time(s)

2014-10-16 23.41.57.jpg

Reply with quote Back to top
j_loopOffline
Post subject: RE: Springsteen 10" acetate of Fade Away  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2014 - 11:27 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I would venture a wide guess at $150-250 since boss fans can be hard to predict. If it were a single from his first three albums my guess would be considerably more. Of course if it has a different take (the more different the better) that would increase its value. Interesting that it's on Capitol labels, any story behind that? Is it 2-sided? The photos look identical to me. And of course, condition, condition, condition.

Pinkcadillac42Offline
Post subject: RE: Springsteen 10" acetate of Fade Away  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2014 - 01:06 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I accidentally posted the same picture twice. It is one sided in great condition. I don't want to play it because acetates have a limited amount of plays on them. There is a similar one that sold at: http://gmvrecords.com/found.asp?searchtext=Bruce+Springsteen&searchinartist=true&pag=30 for $3900. That one does have a different label.Backstreets has auctioned off As Requested Around the World double sided acetate with a Capitol Records label so it's not unheard of.

j_loopOffline
Post subject: RE: Springsteen 10" acetate of Fade Away  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2014 - 12:57 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It may very well be worth more than I guess, but I'd take that site with a grain of salt. On that page you linked there is a "Fade Away(USA 1980 JB promo single title stickered slv)" that they're asking $49 for. It's not a promo and the "sticker" is just a jukebox strip stuck to a wrong company sleeve. I wouldn't buy that at a thrift for $1. The ps sleeve one is also iffy. Looks like a stock copy which is $10 at best here in the states. Maybe they do get those asking prices, but that would be the exception, not the rule. On popsike a couple acetates of "Born to Run" went in the $3K range, but that's much more desirable material and it was the whole album, not just a single. Of course if you can get $3K like that site did, all the power to you.

Jump to: