The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Argenteum_AstrumOffline
Post subject: Led Zeppelin Database  PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 02:55 AM
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.argenteumastrum.com

The site is made as a full relational database. It concetrates on thousands of records and performances, including also studio stuff. The main idea of this site is to add everything that is related in anyway to historical notes on performances and subjective ratings of sound rating as well as a number of many other things that should be included. The database is well-designed as the place, where knowledge and passion of the Led Zeppelin community is combined in one large database, which enables you to cross reference and sort the data in a lot of ways.

I have spent many years, searching and collecting every possible to find information related to the group and their activity. Working on such a big scale is a really hard act to swallow and took me so much time to put it together. I started with just a list of live dates but then I realized it could growing into something much bigger and depth so this is the final effect of my long term ideas.

The database is as accurate as it could be but there are still many holes that are required to be filled but I hope this project still will be able to offer you any information, which would tell you what, when and where the band ever performed and recorded. You have also to remember that there are still a lot of people, who actually do ego trips and there is always a chance of making a mistake, but I hope this project will be as close as possible to what can be named as a definiive history of Led Zeppelin live files.

[ The site contains extended vinyl bootleg discography. ]

Feel free to ask everything you need to know as it comes for the LZ vinyl albums and related acts. I will gladly share my knowledge and experience over RCG pages so please do not hesitate to ask Smile. The RCG link is finally posted on my Resources subpage so everyone could find this place visible. I hope to find as much pleasure being on this site as you may find using my own one.

AA

Reply with quote Back to top
CaptainVagueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 11:00 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Great site! This is the first database I have come across that correctly identified the intro to "The Rover" on the 1977 US Tour show at Tampa stadium. Regarding the riot, Plant stated they would take a short break while the storm blew over. According to reports the band went straight to their limo and left. 10 minutes later the storm was gone and the stars were shining. As I sat there and waited for the show to start again, the lights to the entire stadium came on and we were informed the concert would be held the next day. A shower of bottles and other debris rained down on the stage. Tampa police were lying in wait as an earlier tour had gotten out of control. The cops broke down the barrier between the stage and the crowd and in full riot gear started busting heads. They never held the show the next night, in fact they did not hold another rock concert at Tampa stadium for a couple of years after.

"When he did show up we had a hard time finding something for him to do. Then one day he shows up and puts that great slide on "No Expectations". That was the last contribution I think Brian ever made." - Mick Jagger

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 12:00 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It's always great to see fans put things like this together, well done! Heck of a first post. Bookmarked.

Since I'm no Led Zeppelin expert I have to ask, does "argenteumastrum" mean something? Just looks like gibberish to me.

b-b-bubbaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 02:10 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Yeah, really good data base.

Just want to provide a little input on August 29, 1970 in Winnipeg.

I wasnít at the show but friends of mine were. The way it was explained to me was that the day long festival that was supposed to take place in the stadium was rained out and the show stopped at around 2:00 p.m. There was mass confusion as the show barely got started. Some thought the show was cancelled, others kind of hung around (like my buddies). After moving equipment to the arena just across the street from the stadium, the show started again at around 6:00 p.m. I donít recall hearing about Zeppelin taking the stage that late but I will ask my buddies.

I would LOVE to obtain a soundboard recording of that show even though the arena in that era was about as acoustic as a tin can.

jmillsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2014 - 05:15 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

j_loop wrote:
Since I'm no Led Zeppelin expert I have to ask, does "argenteumastrum" mean something? Just looks like gibberish to me.

Argenteum Astrum (Silver Star) is associated with Aleister Crowley and so loosely related to Led Zeppelin. IIRC, it was a secret society created by Crowley that was only available to people who had completed all the ranks of the Golden Dawn.

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2014 - 11:34 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Thanks jmills..I gotta brush up on my latin.

Jump to: