The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swtnssss
Post subject: Hot Rocks - Is it Worth Anything?  PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 01:11 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I have the 2 record set with the following information: London Records 2PS 606/7. Trail marks include: XZAL 11017-2-11-11, XZAL 11018 GL-1-11, XZAL 11015-1-11-11, and XZAL 11016-1-11-1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply with quote Back to top
NitroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 01:20 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

If the date 11-5-71 or 11-18-71 is in the Side 4 trailoff, in NM condition it's worth $1000.

If all of Side 1 is rechanneled (stereo) and Mother's Little Helper and 19th Nervous Breakdown on Side 2 are rechanneled, it's worth $20 in NM condition.

That's what a dealer would sell it for, of course, not necessarily what you could sell it for.

prancinghorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 01:29 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

one addition to what Nitro posted:

To make this set the 1000 bucks jackpot you also have to find "Shelly" inscribed in the trail-off area of side 4.. Reason for this is that by accident wrong takes of "Wild Horses" and "Brown Sugar" have been pressed to that matrix no. combination..

Nitro where is that information with 11-5-71 from?? I only saw (and own) one version with 11-18-71 and Shelly that has those special takes..

NitroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 01:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

It's from Goldmine 3rd Edition, American Records 1950 to 1975. It does say that Brown Sugar and Wild Horses are alternate mixes not available anywhere else, but with either date in the trailoff.

NitroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 01:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

prancing, will you adopt me? Or just leave your records to me in your will? (just kidding)

swtnssss
Post subject: Thank You  PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 01:55 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Nope, I don't have the date or Shelly in the trail. Oh well, I guess I lose my turn, go directly to jail, don't pass go, and don't collect the $1,000! I'm not losing hope though, I still have about 200 more albums to go through and I know there are masters amongst them, so I could still be a winner!

Thanks again for all the information.

prancinghorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 02:11 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Nitro,

I think you are no. 4711 asking that question - I adopted all others so I am afraid there will be no album left when you are the next one to chose one.. Confused

Does 11-5-71 also require Shelly inscribed? I pushing on this one as it is not mentionend in the bible Stones collectors (the "White Book" by Dieter Hoffmann") - hopefully his new publication will arive soon (the "Recording Index") to check this source too..

NitroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 02:40 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I'm always too late. Oh well, I'll just have to find my own Hot Rocks, but actually I do have the London/Atco version.

My Goldmine doesn't say anything about the Shelly in the trailoff. Maybe they both have it, maybe they don't? Perhaps the two different versions were done at differents or something?

NitroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 02:41 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

different plants, meant to say.

prancinghorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 05, 2004 - 03:30 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I doubt that Nitro (allthough I do not know for sure) - all copies with those tracks have been sold in the NY area within a couple of days.. There aren't even rumors that this special version of "Hot Rocks" has been sold somewere else.. But I am sure this will remain a mystery..

Jump to: