The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Japanese pressing of movie songs?  PostPosted: Jun 01, 2008 - 05:20 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

This one is worth as much as its American counterpart, absolutely nothing. What you want to watch for are the colored vinyl Beatles & E on these kinds of records. I was always able to sell these even tho they are very poor quality recordings and covers.

Reply with quote Back to top
HetsteenOffline
Post subject: The Byrds Turn! Turn! Turn! TAIWAN Orange Plastic FIRST tag  PostPosted: Jun 14, 2008 - 02:06 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I have searched the site for postings of The Byrds Turn! Turn! Turn! TAIWAN Orange Plastic FIRST label. The LP is bare, playable no cover or sleeve. Where can I find a value for this LP? Any ideas on Value? Thanks!

prancinghorseOffline
Post subject: RE: The Byrds Turn! Turn! Turn! TAIWAN Orange Plastic FIRST  PostPosted: Jun 14, 2008 - 02:47 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

we had plenty of discussions about those Taiwaneese albums and I think we still did not come to a conclusion whether they are pirates or not - valuewise I would estimate this album (taking into account that is comes without sleeve) at max US$ 2.. So sorry, no early retirement Wink

HetsteenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2008 - 04:50 PM
Level 1
Level 1

That's cool. I'm not selling records, just collecting. Thank you for your response.

nealumphredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2008 - 06:23 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

HETSTEEN

The records in questions were legal in China but, as they did not abide by the international standards of copyright recognition, were illegal elsewhere.

Most of these records have little value but colored vinyl pressings in NM condition (I have seen hundreds of these albums and they are always beat beat beat) can sell for upwards of $100 to an avid must-have-'em-all collector.

Hope this helps,

NEAL

PS: When listening to TURN! TURN! TURN!, I often think it the most glorious recording of all time. . .

MikeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2008 - 06:02 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

nealumphred wrote:

The records in questions were legal in China but, as they did not abide by the international standards of copyright recognition, were illegal elsewhere.

If the local manufacturer did not have permission from the copyright owner, then they are illegal - nothing to do with meeting any international standards but everything to do with whether or not the local producer HAD PERMISSION from the owner.

nealumphredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2008 - 06:47 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

MIKEY

If the country in question does not subscribe to various international legal agreements, then what they do is what they do. That means TURN! TURN! TURN! etc. was legal there. You can make alla the arguments you wan,t but it changes nothing. Whether what the Taiwanese did is "right" or "wrong" is irrelevant.

But it was legal there.

Then.

You can pass alla the judgement you want but it changes nothing.

Blah blah blah. . .

NEAL

annaloogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2008 - 11:00 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Mikey wrote:
If the local manufacturer did not have permission from the copyright owner, then they are illegal - nothing to do with meeting any international standards but everything to do with whether or not the local producer HAD PERMISSION from the owner.
Apparently the Taiwanese mfrs. did have permission from the copyright owners, in (at least) one case: this is a judgment based on a Lettermen LP with the Capitol Scranton factory mark. It is near certainty that the Taiwan factory obtained the plates from Capitol USA. See: "Recycled" Capitol stamper used for Chinese releas for details -- the photos unfortunately have gone missing.

-------------------------
Edit: the "Recycled" Capitol stamper used for Chinese releas thread evidently has gone missing as well. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by annaloog on Oct 29, 2010 - 06:57 AM; edited 1 time in total

hokeypix
Post subject: 2 weird Japanese (?) orange vinyl Wagoner/Locklin LPs - ??  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2008 - 07:07 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Found these in the stash. Porter Wagoner (The Blue Grass Story) and Hank Locklin (The Girls Get Prettier). Crazy covers. Orange vinyl. Are these from Japan? Korea? Any info on them at all? Thanks.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/hokeypix/ebaypix/IMG_6096.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/hokeypix/ebaypix/IMG_6097.jpg

hokeypix
Post subject: RE: 2 weird Japanese (?) orange vinyl Wagoner/Locklin LPs -  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2008 - 10:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/hokeypix/ebaypix/IMG_6096.jpg

Jump to: