The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pat5067Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2009 - 03:48 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

yeah, so after you figure in the cost of the album,drill bit, lacquor, cork and your time...I figure it runs about $6.50 a coaster! Shocked
Not exactly a goldmine unless you plan on selling these for about $10 a piece. But they are freaking pretty neat. I think I'll be giving them as gifts and stuff.
Now....what do we do with all the left over covers? Rolling Eyes

Reply with quote Back to top
tashaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2009 - 08:23 PM
Level 5
Level 5

pat5067 wrote:

Now....what do we do with all the left over covers? Rolling Eyes

Got a garbage can? Costs would go down if you batch processed them. Judging from some of the habits we have of buying lots of records, we'd have plenty to work on. But then again you would be giving a really unique gift to your friends!

pat5067Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 15, 2009 - 05:21 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

pat5067 wrote:
tasha wrote:
Nitro wrote:
Mount a wooden dowel the correct size for the center hole in a 1 X 4 piece of wood and clamp to the table of a band saw after you start the blade into the record.

Or try a hole drill the size you need - think dryer outlet size or better. And clamp down the record so it doesn't spin around while you're drilling...

Hey, I finally have a real use for all those Herb Albert, Mitch Miler, Percy Faith, and every other album that has absolutly no chance of getting either sold or even played ever again.....

Just wanted to report I currently have over 100 of these suckers made.
It getting to the point to where when I go out to scavage records all I'm looking for is interesting lables I can cut out.
I'm thinking of selling them for 2 bucks apiece, 3 for 5, 8 for 10....something like that.
I've even designed a holder of sorts for them...picture a hockey puck with a pencil stuck in the middle...you can stack 12 coasters on it. Oh, that will be 3 bucks for the holder, please!
Cool

(relax, I still listen to my collection, I haven't gone completely mad.......yes you have....who said that?)

Jump to: