The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cutterOffline
Post subject: Please read prior to posting.  PostPosted: Aug 12, 2004 - 08:23 AM
R.C.Guild-A
R.C.Guild-A

Hello all,

This forum was created as a gallery, informational tool and a discussion area for vinyl records that are deemed to be highly collectible. As a reference point, any disc posted here should contain the value of <b>at least</b> $250.00 (USD).

We ask that as much information as possible, accompany the message. This should include a photograph (optional), title and catalog number, accurate description and an estimated value based upon a reliable source. A reliable source means a price guide, published article or book by an expert, or a completed auction on eBay.com. Please specify the source of appraisal with a guide name, author and edition.

Any post not conforming to these guidelines will be moved or deleted.

Regards,
cutter

Last edited by cutter on Jan 04, 2005 - 07:03 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
radiowizardOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 17, 2004 - 06:56 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Cutter; Is this strictly for records, or can we add other stuff? I have a Beatles shirt, but can't say for sure what it is worth now. Last I saw 2 or 3 years ago it was worth $150 or so....Yeah I know it says vinyl...just asking. Have pity on an old wizard. I ain't Gandalf the Gray ya know!! Smile

enochOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 16, 2004 - 12:21 PM
Level 4
Level 4

If my opinion counts for anything (which it probably shouldn't since I'm such a junior member) I'd like to see this forum remain exclusively for records. If we need another forum for memorabilia, let those interested make the request that one be established. No offense intended Oh Mighty Wizard.

OldRockrOffline
Post subject: question  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2006 - 12:29 AM
Level 4
Level 4

how do i knopw whats worth allot is there a forum i can put my collection on ... i know i got something valuable but dont know hoiw to tell?

NavaronUKOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 25, 2006 - 01:35 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

agree with Encoh, it should be (mainly) about the vinyl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
OldRockrOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 25, 2006 - 03:10 AM
Level 4
Level 4

i agree also with dedicated to vinyl, but what im saying is how do i know whats worth anything, i have about 1000 albumns i collected in england. they have never been played all collected in 1983, mint condition.

I may have a super rare vinyl... how do you tell?

kat1370Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 25, 2006 - 06:55 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

You can post your questions in a few different threads. If you're selling it then post it in the Records thread. If you're looking for a certain title then post that in Your Wants.

If you have a question about a certain title, try Questions and Answers or you could also post in either the Record Gallery or Record Cover Gallery but you'll want to post a picture of your item. I would post it to Q&A thread - everyone here is usually pretty good when it comes to helping out.

The administrator is asking that anything put in the Super Collectibles thread be reserved for items with a value at or above 250 bucks.

I hope this helps.....

kat Cool

NavaronUKOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 25, 2006 - 07:12 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

If you post a list of what you think is superrare, im sure people here can give you an idea whether you can retire or not Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Baron-Von-VaughnOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 11, 2007 - 12:07 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I understand the want for not putting things like t-shirts and guitar picks here, but what about other media, like tape, as in original release tapes, as opposed to home made stuff?

The Baron

vinylhoundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2011 - 10:59 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

kat1370 wrote:
You can post your questions in a few different threads. If you're selling it then post it in the Records thread. If you're looking for a certain title then post that in Your Wants.

If you have a question about a certain title, try Questions and Answers or you could also post in either the Record Gallery or Record Cover Gallery but you'll want to post a picture of your item. I would post it to Q&A thread - everyone here is usually pretty good when it comes to helping out.

The administrator is asking that anything put in the Super Collectibles thread be reserved for items with a value at or above 250 bucks.

I hope this helps.....

kat Cool

Must be more like $500 since if you post something that has sold for $250 plus many times, they remove it. Of course unless they like it I guess then they leave it in the forum.

Jump to: